Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First few moments as a mother

Since little Alisha is taking her nap, I could do some blogging while these memories are still fresh in mind.

After I gave birth to my baby girl, I couldn’t really wake up the next day. I was very pale and sober and man, I braved myself to walk to the nursery to try and breastfeed (BF) my little girl. I looked like shit. so, don’t go and believe if I tell you I was fine. I was trying to paint the sky with rainbows for you. keh keh.

I had to go all the way to the nursery to feed her since it’s a ‘hot’ date and ALL the wards are full. I was still placed in the labour suite, so it was hard for visitors to come (READ: familly members only and even they were sneaked in by my genius hubby). That was the reason why we didnt want to deliver on 11th november………but Allah has something bigger planned for baby Alisha :) who are we to decide on that kan? hehe

So my first real attempt to try and feed her was quite okay and she seemed to be able to suck as how she should be. I was quite impressed. So, I stayed on and fed her until she fell asleep. I was at the nursery for about a few hours.

The next day I managed to get a proper double sharing ward and Alisha got to come and stay with me whenever I requested :D - (oh btw, the number of babies in the nursery peaked to 39 at the end of 11th november from 9 babies on the 10th november. See, soo many eager parents wanted to secure the special date..and i heard, some even paid up to 15K to book for c-section to be done on that date. GOD!)

That night after we got the double sharing room, I requested not to feed my baby on mid night as I would need the rest and I will not be able to attend to her the next morning. So they took her away and brought her to see me at 10pm for the last time for the day. When baby arrived, she was crying out loud and I was sleeping. I woke up and tried to feed her but from reading, it did say the first few days milk supply is still developing. I didnt know if Alisha is sucking air or milk and then the nurse came.

My little girl was starving. She cried more and more and suddenly the nurse told me tanpe rase bersalahnye, “oh kak, ur baby is hungry. kite tk feed her formula unless u requested ye”. - WTH? so that means the previous night, they left my baby ot starve ka apa? padan la meraung2 budak tu. dammit nursery. mmg I was so pissed off. Then she just went on and helped me feed my baby.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. bengang aku.



 
 I didnt know who managed to capture this, but it breaks my heart when she screamed this way cause she has not been fed… :(



On that night, i specifically told them to feed my baby with formula since my milk is still developing and dont let her starve at night. bengong. guess, my maternal instinct started to kick in and i was really mad at how they treated my baby and I was unable to do anything since I was still recovering. urgh………..

After another night at the hospital, we got our single room then I got discharged. I’ll spare you the reality of being a new mother for next time lah. hehe. It’s really challenging but I’m trying to catch up :) Alhamdulillah, Alisha’s smile has been the sweetener on the days I felt like giving up. Woops. I spill some beans here already.

ok ok. until next time.

some photos to share :)

Among her first few visitors..


Bird, Aza & Ad


Bloated me, Nadalina & Syira
(told ya I looked like shit. and this is the most decent photo of me)

Lastly…….



Daddy who slept on the floor for mummy…I luv u syg..thank you for supporting me all the way..I’m veryy proud of u :)





Ok I lied. I just had to put this one in. See her calm face when she sleeps well? such a blessing to our life la this baby..mummy luvs u Alisha :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tariq cool!

Kme said...

kembang la tariq bace ni..... hehe