Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm blogging because I like my dessert.

On Sunday afternoon, I went to see Gf at Pavvy, my favourite place on Earth, they said and my second home. well, I dont really blame them for it is my shopaholic nature that contributed to such statement.

Okay back to main point. I went to Pavilion to have dinner and we booked ourselves a table at Tony Roma's and since the place is fully booked for iftar, we managed to console ourselves by going to The Obroma chocolate lounge .

It's located on the floor under GSC. chic and elegant lounge I would say. Definitely a place to go for a nice sip of hot chocolate on a lazy sunday night.

I got myself fairlady (belgian milk chocolate drink) and Nana ordered herself a mocha frappe. I even added the chocolate nuts biscuits & sultana crepe and Nana got herself toasted ham and cheese.

The belgian milk chocolate is very very very good. It tasted like melted chocolate added with enough amount of full cream milk. a balance between chocolaty, milky and sugary sweet. the plus point is that it was served in a cute hug mug complete with a warmer!=) i likeeeeeee. 

The mocha frappe wasn't a disappointment as well. a nicely balanced coffee and chocolate taste with chocolate ice cream cube to complement the whole thing. 

Not just the drinks that tasted like heaven, the crepe also kept us high with the rich melted chocolate filling with just nice combination of nuts and raisins! the biscuit crumbles adds the crispy taste to it. wallaaaa! (update: apparently, the last time i went to obroma, this heavenly treat has been taken off the mune. bodoh gile!)

As we needed something savoury for starters, the toasted ham and cheese is adequate. I mean, it's a chocolate lounge after all, not subway=) heheee

As for the overall rating, I would definitely recommend you to go if you feel like missing Maxx Brenner , the Obroma is at par with it! So, hurry up and try it urself! 
(The Obroma is from Melbourne, but Maxx Brenner I've only tried it in Melbourne but originated from Europe)


**sugar highhhh feels goooooooddddddd* (until migraine spoils the euphoria)



Other recommendations: 
1. for the thick chocolate cravers, try out the hot belgian Dark chocolate. it's just the perfect balance between sweet and bittery chocolate. order the one with warmers so that u'll always sip it hot! 
2. try the spaghetti olio. i cant remember exactly the name but there's only one spaghetti olio on the menu. However, the presentation doesn't do justice to the taste. 




NOTE: an old post when I was unable to blog on blogspot and decided to post it on FB notes. njoy!

2 comments:

anisizatyA.J said...

This blogpost is making me crave for choc covered strawberry. Hehehe

Kme said...

I saw enticing choc covered strawberries at Dessert Bar KLCC =) haven't tried that one yet. but the choc cake is heavenly..=D