Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Homemade Pizza!

Two days before I delivered my baby, I got the chance to make homemade pizza. I didn't know what got into me but after browsing Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP & saw how hot she looked while making pizza from scratch, I decided to try - well tp, tk hot la since mengandung lebih 9 bulan dah..hehehe..

 
wished I would look this hot while baking pizza. *harapannn*

Basically, I made the dough but since I couldn't find yeast at home, I used baking soda instead. (main bantai je taruk without any proper measurement since I donno pun).

The first pizza out of the oven was not cooked properly. The base was quite lembut, but when I put in the oven again, dah terlebih keras pulak. So, I tried the second one, and this time, I rolled the base thinner cause since I used baking soda, the dough didn't raise as much...-___-''


Lepas dah tgh baking tu la..bibik dtg and said, " Kak Akmal, ni ada yis nyaa..." *urghhhh* tahun depan la plak pakai yis ye bik.....

The second batch was much better, ade slight crunch but not to my expectation..and the similar result for the third one..so i kept one part of the dough enough to make one pizza when hubby come back from work..

                           
Motivation - Gwyneth buat pun rentung. At least, my first three tk de la smpai rentung kan :) happy plak. hehe


and this one is my first try:

 (bajet healthy sbb taruk byk tomatoes..hehe)

For hubby, I made it extra special. I cooked bolognaise sauce for pizza base and mixed the minced beef together with extra herbs. (made with love lah konon......). I topped them up with mozarella byk2 since he loves cheesy pizza...The dough, i rolled thinner than before and left the sides slightly plumper..and preheated the oven wayyyy before to 170C. 

and the result.....



kesimpulannye, he's happy :) and ate the whole lot! (ok tipu, i ate one slice :P) 


The next day, I tried making Pavlova...and the day after that, I was in labour ward.hehehehe

Ps: Pavlova was not a success story. I shall try again soon. hehe.
Pss: For the pizza recipe, click on the link for GOOP. you will be redirected to the Gwyneth's post on pizza making :) happy trying!

Xoxo





No comments: